Sunday 18 October 2015

Install Odoo 9 on your Raspberry Pi 2 - Raspbian (Jessie)

Here's how to install Odoo v9 on a raspberry pi 2 running Raspbian Jessie (credit goes to  http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2014/09/how-to-install-openerp-odoo-8-on-ubuntu-server-14-04-lts/):

1.  Create the system user who will own and run the Odoo Server:
sudo adduser --system --home=/opt/odoo --group odoo

2.  Install Postgresql 9.4:
sudo apt-get install postgresql postgresql-server-dev-9.4

3.  Set-up your Postgresql database for odoo:
sudo su - postgres
createuser --createdb --username postgres --no-createrole --no-superuser --pwprompt odoo
exit

4.  Install the necessary Python utilities and dependencies:
sudo apt-get install python-pip python-dev libevent-dev gcc libxml2-dev libxslt-dev node-less libldap2-dev libssl-dev libsasl2-dev 

5.  Download the Odoo v9 requirements.txt file to your Raspberry Pi:
(see https://raw.githubusercontent.com/odoo/odoo/9.0/requirements.txt)

6.  Run the Python installer to get all the required python libraries referenced in the downloaded requirements.txt:
sudo pip install -r requirements.txt

7.  Now we are ready to install the Odoo server:
sudo apt-get install git
sudo su - odoo -s /bin/bash
git clone https://www.github.com/odoo/odoo --depth 1 --branch 9.0 --single-branch .

8.  Follow the steps from http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2014/09/how-to-install-openerp-odoo-8-on-ubuntu-server-14-04-lts/ from Step #6 onwards!



8 comments:

  1. When I execute: git clone https://www.github.com/odoo/odoo --depth 1 --branch 9.0 --single-branch .
    it says that I do not have permission. So I used sudo. However, it then asks me for the password for Odoo. I entered "admin" and it didn't work. I also tried entering the password that I used for creating the POSTGRE user earlier but also failed.

    Does anyone know what the password is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it never has asked me to login or enter a password for user odoo when i execute step #7 - "sudo su - odoo -s /bin/bash"

      are you logged in as user "pi" when you are trying to install odoo?

      Delete
    2. Yes, here's what I have in terminal:
      pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo apt-get install git
      Reading package lists... Done
      Building dependency tree
      Reading state information... Done
      git is already the newest version.
      0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 10 not upgraded.
      pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo su - odoo -s /bin/bash
      odoo@raspberrypi:~$ git clone https://www.github.com/odoo/odoo --depth 1 --branch 9.0 --single-branch .
      Cloning into '.'...
      /opt/odoo/.git: Permission denied
      odoo@raspberrypi:~$ sudo pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo apt-get install git
      [sudo] password for odoo:
      Sorry, try again.
      [sudo] password for odoo:
      Sorry, try again.
      [sudo] password for odoo:
      Sorry, try again.
      sudo: 3 incorrect password attempts
      odoo@raspberrypi:~$

      Not sure what happened when when I try git clone I get "permission denied" so I try again with "sudo git clone" and that's when it asks me for the password.

      Any idea?

      Delete
    3. Nevermind, Apparently I didn't set the permissions in the opt/odoo directory. I had to use sudo chmod 777 * in opt/ directory. Hope this helps anyone else out there who's new to this.

      Delete
  2. I'm getting lots of errors when I move onto Step 8. It seems like the Python Utilities and dependencies from Step 4 didn't install properly. Here's what happened in terminal:

    pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo apt-get install python-pip python-dev libevent-dev gcc libxml2-dev libxslt-dev node-less libldap2-dev libssl-dev libsasl2-dev
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Note, selecting 'libxslt1-dev' instead of 'libxslt-dev'
    Package node-less is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

    E: Package 'node-less' has no installation candidate

    It seems like since node-less doesn't exist, it didn't install any of them. I tried looking it up and I can't find any information on node-less. Can you point me in the right direction?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FYI, in Step 4 I had to remove node-less and then I had to use sudo apt-get install nodejs to overcome the error. After that I reinstalled the dependencies from the requirements.txt file and was able to start the Odoo server without problems.

      Hope that helps

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the description. I have tried it. unfortunately the link for the rest of the steps are dead. I tried on other website and I get : Unit odoo-server.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

      Delete
    3. http://www.theopensourcerer.com - use this url, I've installed successfully

      Delete